• The Memorial Fund provides assistance not to exceed $800 for funeral expenses for families meeting the eligibility requirements.
• Additional funds may be available in special circumstances as approved by a majority of the Memorial Fund board.
• Funds will be paid directly to the funeral home.
• The deceased child must have been between the ages of birth (live birth) and 10 years of age at the time of their death.
• Legal custody and/or guardianship of the child must be verified
• The deceased child must have been a resident of Winnebago County.
• The deceased child’s household qualifies for one or more of the following government programs:
– The Food Stamp Program
– Illinois Link Card
– KidCare Card
– Public School Free and Reduced Lunch Program
– Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
– Eligibility for other government subsidy programs will be determined on a case by case basis.
WHAT TO BRING
• Proof of custody of the deceased child – birth certificate or guardianship paperwork
• Proof of family or guardian residency of Winnebago County(utility bill, drivers license)
• Current verification of qualification for the above referenced government subsidy programs. Correspondence, identification cards, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the Harkins Community Memorial Fund Funeral Assistance Application Form.
Please deliver to:
Harkins Community Memorial Fund
Rockford Park District Foundation
401 S. Main Street
Rockford, IL 61101
Marva Brown, Memorial Fund President (779-210-7330)
PLEASE NOTE: The Harkins Community Memorial Fund reserves the right to deny applications for any reason. All decisions of the Fund Board are final.